Works on Slopes
Better Than Turf - Experts in hydroseeding and hydromulching in the UK
We use the best equipment and materials available to deliver stunning results.
Our Hydroseeding system uses water and a mulch carrier mixed with fertiliser which we apply with a seeding machine resulting in thick, uniform grass coverage across areas of all sizes.
The seed is applied in close contact with the ground, providing immediate stability of soil in sloped areas.
Our mix protects the seed to provide protection against heavy rainfall and extreme weather.
Why better than turf?
- Our system is up to 75% cheaper than turf installed.
- It requires less irrigation overall, making it better for the environment.
- The seed is protected by the mulch in difficult conditions, keeping the soil moist while it germinates.
- Introduction of lawn destroying pests such as leather jackets is prevented.
- Grass establishes more uniformly than turf. Gaps between rolls are avoided and it sticks to slopes.
- It’s 100% organic and biodegradable.
- Our system is adaptable, allowing a variety of seeds to be used for a perfect finish.
- Hydroseeding avoids sod heating which can happen quickly when turf is left to sit before laying.
Why better than conventional seeding?
- Our system ensures even seed distribution resulting in uniform coverage.
- Our mulch promotes faster germination time as the seed stays in constant contact with the moisture present in the mulch.
- Our applications can be ready to mow as soon as 3-4 weeks.
- Our system prevents erosion. When the mixture dries, a solid mat forms which prevents both the seed and mulch from being washed away. This is particularly useful on sloped areas.
- Because we apply the fertiliser pre mixed with the seed, it eliminates the need to re-visit the project and apply it separately at a later date.
Wildflower seeding, erosion control and sports pitches.
We do more than just lawn grass.
Our seed mixtures can include most species of seed, including wildflower and shrub mixes or specialist grass seed mixtures perfect for sports fields and recreational areas.
We also supply seed and mulch mixes perfect for erosion control on uneven and sloped ground.
Our system provides cost effective and highly efficient method of establishing new vegetation in a variety of locations.
We use the best equipment and materials
Our seeders are manufactured by Finn and imported from the USA.
Profile’s mulch and associated products are respected as leaders in the industry. They provide superior soil contact and application consistency with best loading capacity available.
Get in touch now!
Call us on 07538 155613, email [email protected] or use the form below.
Better Than Turf are based in Wedmore in Somerset and operate across the UK.